Monday, February 12, 2018

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Of Mice and MenOf Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An interesting book about friendship between two men, Lennie the simple minded one and George and the pursuit of their dream of owning their own farm. However, life is complex and Lennie's judgment leads to an unexpected experience that cuts short their dream... Some of my favorite quotes are;

“A guy needs somebody―to be near him. A guy goes nuts if he ain't got nobody. Don't make no difference who the guy is, long's he's with you. I tell ya, I tell ya a guy gets too lonely an' he gets sick.”

“Ain’t many guys travel around together,” he mused. “I don’t know why. Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.”
― John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men





No comments:

Post a Comment